SEO is a technique through which you can easily obtain higher rankings for your website. Every SEO provider has a unique way of providing SEO services, which are sometimes, totally different to others. Every person has a different perception about SEO, which may be right or wrong as well. So, I have outlined 10 SEO mistakes that stop a website from getting the desired position, i.e., the No. 1 spot on the search engines. Here are those 10 mistakes.
- Target multiple keywords for a single web page: This is a foolish thing to do because it will take a lot of time to bring the rankings of ten keywords than just one. So, you have to target one keyword per page in order to get the desired results.
- Placing no keyword in URL: A website based on smartphones can’t have a URL named without having any word from main keyword in it. It’s just an example, but my point here is that, the URL must have the name or the field for which you have created the website.
- No keyword in title tag: There are a countless number of web pages that I’ve gone through, which had no keyword in the title tag. An attractive title tag is not as important as an SEO optimized title tag. So, place the most important keyword and the brand name in the title tag.
- Weird Meta Description and keywords: A Meta description is the paragraph that you see below every website when you search for something. The 2-3 lines that you see is the Meta description and it has to be SEO optimized. You can’t have promotional content written in the Meta description instead try to add as many keywords as possible in a sensible way. Similarly, add all the keywords that you think are searched by the users.
- Poor keyword density: Using the most prominent keyword(s) repeatedly will not improve the rankings, but it will throw the website out of the search results because search engines will ban it.
These were the on-page SEO mistakes now let’s take a look at the off-page SEO mistakes we usually make.
- Improper research for keywords: Choosing the most competitive keywords is preferred, but it will take ages to get rankings for those keywords because of the ‘competition’ only. On the other hand, choosing less competitive keywords is also not recommended, so find keywords that lie somewhere in between. For better keyword research work you can try for affordable seo services provider with sample report of work that already done in the past.
- Placing no keyword in anchor text: You have to put the keyword in the anchor text in order to get anything useful from it. Many people forget it and thus, pay the price.
- Keyword variation: Using direct keywords will be noticed by the web crawlers and they won’t take time to penalize your website, so use keywords in variation, such as using long tail keywords, LSI, generic term + keyword and more.
- Variety in backlinks: Don’t just rely on blog networks, but use various other platforms as well to get the backlinks from a variety of sources and you can use new social bookmarking sites from the list for getting links from different domains.
- Pretend natural: Even if you are doing the SEO of your website, you have to be smart and maintain the balance between do-follow and no-follow links. If all the backlinks are do-follow, then they will be easily caught by the web crawlers.